Are you looking for a new insurance policy, or just want to shop around to see if you can save on your existing insurance policies? If so, you may be considering using an insurance broker. While you don’t have to use an insurance broker to get insured in Ontario, there are many good reasons you may want to!
In this article, we’ll cover:
- The different ways you can purchase insurance.
- The benefits of working with an insurance broker.
- Questions to ask an insurance broker about your insurance policies.
At Marathon Insurance, we’re here for you as your insurance brokers in Nobleton, Ontario.
What are the different ways I can purchase insurance?
There are a variety of methods you can purchase insurance, but these are the four main ways you can do so:
- From a licensed insurance agent. An insurance agent works for a specific insurance company, and can only sell you products offered by their company.
- From a registered insurance broker. Insurance brokers do not work for a specific insurance company, and they get you quotes from various insurance companies.
- Directly from an insurance company.
- From a lender when you apply for a loan.
The type of insurance you want to buy will impact the way you purchase insurance. For example, you are unlikely to buy travel insurance from your bank, but you could buy mortgage insurance or credit card insurance from them.
More general insurance (such as car, life, or property insurance) can be purchased from an insurance agent, an insurance broker, or directly from an insurance company.
As insurance brokers in Nobleton, we are pleased to sell you several different kinds of coverage, including home insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, and commercial insurance.
What are the benefits of working with an insurance broker?
There are several benefits to working with an insurance broker:
- An insurance broker does all the legwork for you. Instead of contacting several companies separately to obtain insurance quotes, an insurance broker takes down your information once and gets you a variety of quotes.
- An insurance broker can help ensure your coverage is tailored to you. Nobody wants to sit and read through pages and pages of insurance policies! An insurance broker can help you determine what coverage you need and what type you don’t, so you aren’t paying money for insurance you’ll never use!
- You may be able to save money on your insurance policy. When you stick with the same insurance company year after year, your premiums often go up even if there’s no reason for them to increase. When you work with an insurance broker, you can see at a glance what your options are for insurance and what it will cost you.
When you come to Nobleton looking for an insurance broker, we can sit down with you and make sure we get you insurance that fits your needs and budget.
What should I ask an insurance broker about my policies?
Next, we’ll cover generic questions that you can ask a Nobleton insurance broker about any insurance policy, and specific questions you can ask about one of the most common insurance policies: home insurance.
These are some generic questions you can ask about any kind of insurance policy:
- What does this insurance policy cover, and what does it exclude?
- How much is the deductible for this insurance policy?
- Do I qualify for any discounts for this insurance policy?
- Do I pay my premiums monthly or annually?
- If I need to make a claim, how do I do this, and how long will it take to get reimbursed?
- Can I combine this with another insurance policy to save money?
These are some specific questions you could ask about home insurance:
- Am I covered in case of flooding or sewer backup?
- Does my policy cover valuables such as art or jewelry over a specific value?
- Are items I store in my garage or shed covered by my policy?
- What kind of liability protection does my policy offer?
- Does this policy cover replacement cost or actual cash value?
One of the benefits of working with a Nobleton insurance broker is they are here to answer all your questions about your insurance policies!
Why should I choose Marathon Insurance?
There are many good reasons to choose Marathon Insurance if you’re looking for a Nobleton insurance broker, including the following:
- We sell several different kinds of insurance to suit all your needs, including home insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, and commercial insurance. We can explain the differences between the various types of insurance we sell (for example, term life vs. whole life), and let you know what insurance is best for you, your family, your home, or your business.
- We have a simple goal in mind: to get you easily accessible insurance coverage at a price you can afford. Insurance shouldn’t be a luxury; it should be an affordable safety net so you can have peace of mind that you’re protected.
- We work with some of Canada’s largest insurance providers, so you’ll have a wide selection of well-established companies to choose from when the time comes to select an insurance policy.
As your Nobleton insurance broker, we will take the time to get to know you and ensure you have the protection you need. And we don’t just sell you insurance and then disappear. We are here for you, whether you need to make a claim, have questions about your coverage, or want to update your policies.
There Are Many Great Reasons to Work With a Nobleton Insurance Broker
Now you know the different ways that you can purchase insurance, the benefits of working with an insurance broker, and all the questions you should ask when purchasing an insurance policy. At Marathon Insurance, we can help ensure you get the right coverage without breaking the bank.
To set up an appointment with us, give us a call at 844-429-0837 or contact us online.