Boat Insurance in Toronto
Protecting You in the Water
Going out into the water? Safety first: sail within your boat’s capacity, stock up on enough life jackets for everyone aboard, and maintain the engine. Most of all, you need boat insurance made just for you and your charter out in the open waters.
Watercraft Insurance by Marathon
Set Sail Safely
Boat insurance protects your boat, jet ski, or yacht so that you can explore the great outdoors safely. With coverage from trailering to the marina and leaving the docks, weather-damaged equipment, and liability, boat insurance offers peace of mind and safety as you swim, boat, fish, and cruise all season long.
Whether your watercraft is a high-speed jet ski, a party yacht or a trusty boat, we’ve got you covered. Marathon Insurance is your adventure companion out in the open waters. Our team of dedicated insurance brokers work with leading watercraft insurance providers to find and tailor the right coverage for you and your vessel, and protect you as you navigate the water.
How it Works
Get Your Personalized Boat Insurance Quote
- Get a quote: What kind of watercraft do you own? How do you use it, and how often? Do you regularly boat with passengers? Tell us about your boat, so we can obtain the best quotes from trusted providers at the most competitive rates.
- Tailor your coverage: Your Marathon Insurance broker will craft your fully customized boat insurance plan. Protect you and your watercraft in the open waters with comprehensive coverage for damage, accidents, and liability from the marina to the water.
- Manage your policy: Use the Marathon app to access your policy, upgrade your coverage, and file a claim. Get 24/7 customer support — whether you’re down at the docks, or in the middle of the lake.
Do I Need Boat Insurance?
Protection at Every Nautical Mile
Boat insurance may not always be mandatory, but with operating any vehicle, you’re responsible for steering the ship — and any unexpected events and risks that occur at the docks, along the shore, and wherever you drop anchor.
Similar to other types of vehicle insurance, boat insurance protects you in case of damage to your boat, a liability claim, and other unforeseen circumstances while sailing in open waters. Without the right insurance coverage, you bear the financial risk of anything that happens to your boat, yourself, and your guests and passengers while fishing, swimming, or simply cruising. Watercraft insurance is a fast and simple way to enjoy the water safely.
Is My Watercraft Covered?
Protection from Bow to Stern
At Marathon Insurance, our dedicated insurance brokers work to craft a fully customized insurance plan to protect you and your watercraft from unique risks on the water. Set sail, drop anchor, and dock knowing your entire watercraft is covered, from bow to stern.
Find your watercraft:
- Sports boats
- Fishing boats
- Pontoon boats
- Jet boats and rowboats
- Jet skis and personal watercrafts
- Kayaks and canoes, and more.
What Your Boat Insurance Covers
Protection Throughout the Hull. Protection for Captains.
Boat insurance protects both you and your boat — from when you trailer it to the marina, down the docks, and in the water. Your Marathon Insurance broker customizes your watercraft insurance plan based on your boat’s type and age, engine size, length, and use. Get boat insurance made just for you and how you navigate the open water.
Complete Coverage for Your Boat
Everything Between Starboard and Port Side
- Motors and machinery
- Boat trailers
- Fittings and furnishings
- Boating equipment, such as GPS, dinghies, fish finders, and permanently attached equipment.
Complete Coverage for You
For Whatever Happens as You Set Sail
- Theft and loss of your boat, boating equipment, and personal property
- Bodily injury and property damage caused to another person while you are sailing
- Guest or passenger liability incurred by another person using your boat with your permission
- Medical payments for injuries you and your passengers may sustain.
Your Watercraft Insurance Coverage
Boat Liability Coverage
Provides financial coverage if you are held liable for an accident that results in injury or death of other people, as well as property damage
Uninsured Boat Coverage
Covers property damage and provides accident benefits if you are in a boating accident for which an uninsured boat owner is responsible
Provides for your medical care if you are injured in a boating accident.
Covers the costs of emergency towing or rescue in case your boat breaks down
All Risk Coverage
Covers damage to your boat caused by hazards, including theft, fire, sinking, collision, windstorm, hail, lightning, vandalism, and damage while in transit.
Boat, Sail, and Cruise the Water
Enjoy the open waters with the full protection of comprehensive watercraft insurance. Marathon Insurance is here to protect you and your boat, so you can soak up the sun, swim, and go on adventures in the water worry-free.
The Marathon guarantee is protection from bow to stern, from when your boat is trailered to the marina to the moment you set sail. Get comprehensive coverage for your entire boat, equipment, and its contents from damage, loss, and liability as you navigate tall waves and strong winds. Call us today to get a quote, and discover 24/7 customer support in the water.